Lion Heart -
Entered Stud: 2011
2014 Fee: $5,000 LFSN
FLORIDA’S NO. 1 FRESHMAN YEARLING SIRE IN 2013
Click Image for Larger
- First yearlings well received at public auction: 20 sold from 21 offered for a $49,800 Avg.– nearly 10x stud fee and tops among all freshmen in Florida.
- $300,000 colt purchased by Mark Casse, agent for Conquest Stables at F-T July – the highest-priced colt of the sale by a freshman sire.
- Undefeated, untested multiple GSW juvenile and one of the most dominant & precocious stallions at stud.
- Back-to-back-to-back wins at two by 28 1/2 combined lengths: Debut MdSpWt - 5f :57 4/5 - by 11 3/4, Bashford Manor S. (G3) - 6f 1:09 4/5 - by 9 1/2, Saratoga Special S. (G2) - 6 1/2f - by 7 1/4.
- Won sire-making Saratoga Special S. (G2), same as outstanding juvenile sires CITY ZIP, HENNY HUGHES,
RUN AWAY AND HIDE, etc.
- By leading juvenile sire LION HEART, from the family of G1 sire FIRST SAMURAI.
- Bred 125 mares in 2013 – First 2-year-olds race in 2014.
An eye-grabbing colt by undefeated multiple graded stakes winner Kantharos created a buzz Monday at the Fasig-Tipton July Sale in central Kentucky, bringing a final bid of $300,000 from agent Mark Casse to represent the single highest price for a yearling colt at the sale...
Kantharos, the undefeated multiple graded stakes-winning juvenile by Lion Heart, has been relocated to J. Michael O'Farrell Jr.'s Ocala Stud...
Won at 2
- Saratoga Special S. (gr-II, 6.5f, by 7 ¼, defeating Bail Out the Cat, Manchurian High, and Blue Right By)
- Basford Manor S. (gr-III, 6f, by 9 ½, defeating Lou Brissie, Speed Demon, Saturday Dance, Gold for Cash, and Thewayitusedtobe)
- A maiden special weight race at Churchill Downs (5f, by 11 ¾, defeating Gold for Cash, Big Bentley, Nacho Man, Major Score, Eighth Rock, and Sol Caribe)
(.pdf opens in new window)
Kantharos Generational Pedigree
Dosage Profile: DP = 5-1-10-0-0 (16) DI = 2.20 CD = 0.69
courtesy of Pedigree Query